Chamber seeks 2013 Athena Award nominations
The Washington County Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominees for the 2013 Athena Award, which will be held May 10 at the Hilton Garden Inn, Southpointe.
The Athena Award program promotes women’s leadership and honors outstanding leaders, and is presented for achievement, service and assistance to others.
By recognizing exceptional individuals, the program seeks to inspire others to achieve excellence.
Both women and men are eligible to receive the award. Nominees must live or work in Washington County.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
• Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession;
• Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community;
• Actively assist women in achieving their full leadership potential.
The chamber’s selection committee, consisting of a diverse group of community leaders, will review all nomination forms and select the Athena Award recipient.
To receive a nomination form, call the Washington County Chamber of Commerce at 724-225-3010. Deadline for nominations is March 1.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Waynesburg man arrested on drug charges | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
- 5'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union