McGraw wins 700th as Notre Dame women top Nova
Muffet McGraw earned her 700th victory with No. 2 Notre Dame's 59-52 victory over Villanova on Tuesday night.McGraw became the 13th coach in Division I history to reach the 700-victory plateau. Her career record is now 700-257 in 31 years coaching. She's had 612 of the wins at Notre Dame.Natalie Achonwa scored 19 points while Kayla McBride added 16. Skylar Diggins had 14 points, but was 4 for 17 from the field.Notre Dame (21-1, 9-0 Big East) never trailed and led 29-21 at the half. The Wildcats (16-6, 5-4) got within 48-46 on Devon Kane's 3-pointer with 4:45 left. Notre Dame responded by scoring 11 of the final 17 points to seal the win.Emily Leer scored 15 and Rachel Roberts added 14 for the Wildcats.
- 1Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 5Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union