C-H falls to Fort LeBouef
WATERFORD – Fort Le- Bouef won nine of the 14 bouts, including four by fall, to propel them to a 41-21 victory over Chartiers-Houston in the preliminary round of the PIAA Team Wrestling Tournament.
Fort LeBouef, the second-place finisher in District 10, moves on to face Central Columbia, the District 4 champion, in the first round of the tournament at the Giant Center in Hershey Thursday.
Chartiers-Houston’s season came to an end with an 11-8 record.
“We were third in the WPIAL, made the state tournament, so it was a good season,” said Chartiers-Houston head coach Bill Sutton. “Fort Le-Bouef is a pretty good team.”
Jaret Carter gave Fort Le-Bouef a 6-0 lead with a pin of Ty Wormsley at 113, and they would not trail again. Tyler Kuzma pinned Jake Jones in 2:59 at 126, and George McGuire followed with a pin of Darryl Briggs at 132 for a 18-3 lead.
A pin by Pete Provenzano at 138 and decision by Tanner Sutton at 145 cut the lead to 18-12. But Fort LeBouef would win five of the next six bouts to make it 37-15. Garrett Vulcano got a pin at heavyweight to make it 37-21, and Fort LeBouef finished it with a major decision at 106.
The dual meet marked the final in dual meet format for Sutton and Vulcano.
“They are going to be hard to replace,” said Bill Sutton. “It was tough.”
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 5Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union