W.Va. miner killed in prep plant accident
MALDEN, W.Va. (AP) — A worker at a Kanawha County coal operation has died following an accident.
U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration spokeswoman Amy Louviere says the miner died Wednesday at Midland Trail Energy’s Blue Creek preparation plant in Malden when a hydraulic jack exploded on a belt press. Louviere says a second miner was injured.
The names of the miners involved weren’t immediately available.
Louviere says an order was issued closing the plant, and a federal investigator was en route to West Virginia.
Midland Trail is owned by Patriot Coal.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Coal drives decrease in assessment values | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Burrell downs McGuffey for ninth straight team title win | Observer-Reporter
- 5Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union