Judge selects new Beth-Center school board member
Washington County Judge Katherine B. Emery today appointed a financial advisor in California Borough to fill a vacant seat on the Bethlehem-Center School Board through the end of the year.
The judge selected James A. Gwyer, a parent of two children attending Beth-Center schools, from two candidates who petitioned the court for the position after the school board failed appoint a new director within 30 days after the seat became vacant.
Emery stated in her order that Gwyer and the other applicant, former Beth-Center director Thomas Bair, both would have served the district well.
Gwyer stated in his petition he has held many positions of leadership in the community, including president of the California Area Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club.
He will replace former Beth-Center Director Richard Martin, who resigned in December after serving in office for a year.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 5Local manager gets top McDonald´s award | Observer-Reporter