WVU, OSU partner on shale energy research
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — Ohio State University and West Virginia University are creating a partnership aimed at developing Appalachia’s shale energy industry.
The schools say they’ve signed a memorandum of understanding to develop a joint program on shale energy research.
The research will look at issues related to shale development, including the economic implications of natural gas and other hydrocarbons. They’ll also study the possible impacts on the environment, local communities and public health.
Officials say the schools will exchange information and jointly explore funding of shale energy and related environmental studies, including the possibility of developing shale energy field laboratories.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Waynesburg couple charged with alleged abuse of 2-year-old son | Observer-Reporter