Pizza shop clerk robbed at gunpoint
A gunman robbed a Washington pizza shop clerk early Monday, stealing $100 from his wallet and nearly $300 from the store safe.
The employee was closing up Mm! Mm! Pizza at 394 W. Chestnut St. about 12:05 a.m. when he was approached at the back door by a man who produced a handgun and ordered him back inside, city police said.
The suspect instructed the employee to deactivate the store alarm and open the safe, threatening to shoot him if he didn’t follow the orders, police said.
The suspect was described as black, 5 feet 10 inches or 5 feet 11 inches tall and wearing a black scarf and dark jeans. He fled on foot, police said.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflate-gate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Strabane Marine remembers mortar attack a decade ago | Observer-Reporter
- 3Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Chartiers couple receives letter requesting nearly $16,000 in back taxes | Observer-Reporter
- 5Bentleyville McDonald's manager receives top award | Observer-Reporter