Two Charleroi bars raided for gambling
Members of the Washington County District Attorney’s gaming task force along with Charleroi Regional police raided two Charleroi bars Thursday morning as part of a search for illegal gaming devices.
Raided were the Myford Hotel, 702 Fallowfield Ave., and M&D Bar, 731 McKean Ave. Investigators seized seven machines and more than $2,100.
District Attorney Gene Vittone said the raids were an important first step in combatting illegal gambling in the county. He added that it also addresses problem bars which have become a haven for other illegal activity.
Vittone expects that charges will be filed at a later date.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflate-gate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Protecting history from I-70 construction at Bentleyville | Observer-Reporter
- 4W.Va. man arrested for allegedly breaking into cars in Greene | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter