A ruptured coil in an air handler Sunday afternoon caused minor flooding near the main entrance lobby at Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll Township.
Corinne Laboon, vice president of marketing and community relations, said the flooding occurred near the gift shop, but did not impact inpatient or outpatient services, and was away from the emergency room, computers and medical equipment.
“It affected only the entrance on the main floor.”
Laboon said a local fire company used a pumper to remove the water and “everything was back to normal” by 7 p.m.
The Carroll Township, Donora and Valley Inn fire departments responded.