Numbers driving ‘The Street’
When Horizon Properties began developing plans for the mixed-use ‘The Street at The Meadows’ project last year, it looked at demographic and traffic studies related to the Racetrack Road corridor to support the concept, including the following data:
• The Meadows Racetrack & Casino attracts more than 3.65 million visitors annually, or more than 10,000 per day.
• The average number of daily car trips on Racetrack Road is 13,760.
• The current population within a 30-minute drive to the corridor is 672,000.
• Consumer spending within a 5-mile radius was more than $873 million in 2011.
• Nearby hotels are sustaining between 60 and 70 percent occupancy rates, with more than 730 rooms available.
• Tanger Outlets, located across Racetrack Road from the casino, offers more than 80 prime retailers.
Source: Horizon Properties Group and Cushman & Wakefield/Grant Street Associates Inc. Retail Services Group
Costanzo, Lucas virtually assured election in Nov. (4296)
Election roundup (3110)
Judge orders Manning memo posted at polls be impounded (2336)
Polamalu believes injury issues are behind him (815)
Seahawks waive Portis after DUI arrest (687)
Eating well in Charleroi (and other polls) on Election Day (144)
Protesters rally at FirstEnergy meeting in W.Va. (119)
JPMorgan chairman/CEO survives shareholder vote (93)
Stocks gain on reassurance from a top Fed official (84)
Dick’s 1Q net income, revenue up (81)