Cal splits against Slippery Rock
Stephanie Michael scored 20 points and Elena Antonenko had a double-double to help California roll past Slippery Rock, 78-55, in a PSAC West Division game.
Cal raised its record to 17-7, including 13-7 in the conference. Slippery Rock fell to 4-20, 3-17 in the division.
Antonenko had 10 points, 10 rebounds and blocked a shot for the Vulcans. Chelsea McKnight scored 13 points and Ashley Hines poured in 12 points. The Vulcans defense had 13 teals and scored 17 points off Slippery Rock turnovers.
Erinne Cunningham and Simone Aladenoye each scored 10 points for The Rock, who trailed Cal by only one at halftime, 35-34, but was outscored, 43-21, over the final 20 minutes.
Slippery Rock 85, California 53: Five players scored in double figures and Devin Taylor had a double-double to lead Slippery Rock University to an 85-53 pasting of California in a PSAC West Division game at Cal’s Convocation Center.
The loss dropped the Vulcans to 10-14, 9-11 in the conference. Slippery Rock moved 18-6 and 15-5 in the PSAC.
Taylor had 14 points and 14 rebounds as Slippery Rock outrebounded Cal, 51-25. Darius Clark and Gerald Brooks each scored 17 points for The Rock, which led 45-21 at halftime.
John Bayardale tossed in 12 points and Sa’Quan Davis chipped in 11 points.
Mitchell Weedon paced Cal, which shot 32 percent (16 of 50) from the field, with 12 points. Keith Lowe and Tynell Fortune each scored 10 points.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Belford, J-M lock down spot in semifinals | Observer-Reporter