Strange, that in a society so enamored with guns and with movies, TV shows and video games that celebrate violence, we should expect 5- and 6-year-olds to somehow be above it all.
The latest evidence of insane zero-tolerance enforcement was detailed in a front-page article in the Observer-Reporter Tuesday. Among the examples was a kindergarten student from Maryland who was suspended for pretending his hand was a gun during recess. We’re surprised that the principal did not overreact even more and call out the SWAT team. From a bullhorn: “Lower your hand slowly and step away from the jungle gym!”
We hope our local school authorities are better at recognizing normal play and can act with more common sense.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Annie´s Mailbox: Grandma shouldn´t be sleeping in 14-year-old´s bed | Observer-Reporter
- 5Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union