Trinity board handles resignation, retirements
Trinity school directors on Thursday accepted the resignation of longtime assistant high school principal Joseph Orr and the retirement of several teachers.
Orr, whose resignation was effective Friday, has accepted a principal position at Deer Lakes School District.
In a 7-2 vote, the board hired Thomas Marsilio as a temporary assistant principal at a cost of $400 per day, plus mileage, for up to 90 days during the search for Orr’s successor. Opposed were directors Jennifer Morgan and Shawn Mulac.
Submitting their resignations for retirement were Craig Alderson, Frank Golsky, Nancy Hoffman, Nita Houston, Mary J. Laura, Mark Marietta, James Maund, Diane Nagy and Carol Startare.
In other matters:
• The board approved an agreement for graduate athletic training internships between California University and the school district. For the 2013-14 school year, California will provide a graduate athletic training intern for Trinity interscholastic sports participants and cheerleaders for an average of 30 hours per week at a cost of $16,000.
• The board tabled a motion to approve an agreement with Range Resources for compensation for an oil and gas lease at the middle school, as negotiations with the company continue.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union