Carroll Township auto repair shop damaged by fire

  • February 24, 2013

A Carroll Township auto repair shop was damaged in a fire Sunday afternoon that a state police fire marshal ruled accidental.

Valley Inn fire Chief John Curcio said the building at 25 Hazel Kirk Road is in a combined residential/business structure.

“The fire started in an area near the wood-burning stove, but it is not certain if that caused it or if it was electrical,” Curcio said.

The fire did extensive damage to the shop portion of the building. Tools and some vehicles were damaged. The fire spread to the roof.

No injuries were reported, the chief said.

Assisting at the scene were Carroll Township firefighters and the rapid intervention team from the Bentleyville Volunteer Fire Department. Also at the scene were Carroll police and Tri-Community Ambulance.

The name of the building owner or occupant was not immediately available.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Washington City Mission serves residents on Thanksgiving

Peters students to return to classes today

Cleveland man arraigned for child sex assault

Monongahela proposes 2-mill tax increase

Father sues over daughter’s choking death

Peters Council approves improvements to Lutes Road

Meeting recap

Fires destroy two houses in Cecil Township

John F. Kennedy preschoolers celebrate Thanksgiving Charlie Brown style

Pint-sized Pilgrims