Carroll Township auto repair shop damaged by fire

  • February 24, 2013

A Carroll Township auto repair shop was damaged in a fire Sunday afternoon that a state police fire marshal ruled accidental.

Valley Inn fire Chief John Curcio said the building at 25 Hazel Kirk Road is in a combined residential/business structure.

“The fire started in an area near the wood-burning stove, but it is not certain if that caused it or if it was electrical,” Curcio said.

The fire did extensive damage to the shop portion of the building. Tools and some vehicles were damaged. The fire spread to the roof.

No injuries were reported, the chief said.

Assisting at the scene were Carroll Township firefighters and the rapid intervention team from the Bentleyville Volunteer Fire Department. Also at the scene were Carroll police and Tri-Community Ambulance.

The name of the building owner or occupant was not immediately available.


blog comments powered by Disqus

E. Washington woman pitches ‘Pitsburgh Plaid’ to city council

Could this week’s Mystery Photo be the first day of school?

Vanishing ink: Removing unwanted tattoos is a growth industry

Washington, Waynesburg take part in Small Business Saturday

Changing of the guard at Brownson House

Black Friday still a big shopping event

South Strabane votes down bunk houses

Counties, fed up with state budget impasse, explore feasibility of withholding funds

Local housing authority’s policy predates federal ‘no smoking’ initiative

Washington County helps 2000 Turkeys finish strong, surpass goal