Carroll Township auto repair shop damaged by fire

  • February 24, 2013

A Carroll Township auto repair shop was damaged in a fire Sunday afternoon that a state police fire marshal ruled accidental.

Valley Inn fire Chief John Curcio said the building at 25 Hazel Kirk Road is in a combined residential/business structure.

“The fire started in an area near the wood-burning stove, but it is not certain if that caused it or if it was electrical,” Curcio said.

The fire did extensive damage to the shop portion of the building. Tools and some vehicles were damaged. The fire spread to the roof.

No injuries were reported, the chief said.

Assisting at the scene were Carroll Township firefighters and the rapid intervention team from the Bentleyville Volunteer Fire Department. Also at the scene were Carroll police and Tri-Community Ambulance.

The name of the building owner or occupant was not immediately available.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Man struck by truck in Washington; hospitalized

150-year-old voter lists found in Courthouse Square

Drug arrests made in Monongahela

Guest house opens in Monongahela

Peters Township man jailed for allegedly beating his mother

No tax increase in Robinson budget

Parkway, Fort Pitt Tunnel closures planned

Update planned on Charleroi historic preservation efforts

E. Washington woman pitches ‘Pittsburgh Plaid’ to city council

Could this week’s Mystery Photo be the first day of school?