A Carroll Township auto repair shop was damaged in a fire Sunday afternoon that a state police fire marshal ruled accidental.
Valley Inn fire Chief John Curcio said the building at 25 Hazel Kirk Road is in a combined residential/business structure.
“The fire started in an area near the wood-burning stove, but it is not certain if that caused it or if it was electrical,” Curcio said.
The fire did extensive damage to the shop portion of the building. Tools and some vehicles were damaged. The fire spread to the roof.
No injuries were reported, the chief said.
Assisting at the scene were Carroll Township firefighters and the rapid intervention team from the Bentleyville Volunteer Fire Department. Also at the scene were Carroll police and Tri-Community Ambulance.
The name of the building owner or occupant was not immediately available.