Carroll Township auto repair shop damaged by fire

  • February 24, 2013

A Carroll Township auto repair shop was damaged in a fire Sunday afternoon that a state police fire marshal ruled accidental.

Valley Inn fire Chief John Curcio said the building at 25 Hazel Kirk Road is in a combined residential/business structure.

“The fire started in an area near the wood-burning stove, but it is not certain if that caused it or if it was electrical,” Curcio said.

The fire did extensive damage to the shop portion of the building. Tools and some vehicles were damaged. The fire spread to the roof.

No injuries were reported, the chief said.

Assisting at the scene were Carroll Township firefighters and the rapid intervention team from the Bentleyville Volunteer Fire Department. Also at the scene were Carroll police and Tri-Community Ambulance.

The name of the building owner or occupant was not immediately available.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Man out at Bob Evans factory over Confederate flag

Wrong drug’s use in execution prompts concerns from governor

City to pay $6.5M settlement to family of man shot by cop

VW executive apologizes but says scandal not his fault

After S.C. flood, a rush to preserve drinking water

Sexual assaults in study-abroad programs draw new attention

Paul Prudhomme: Cajun spices and a love of local ingredients

Rubio’s presidential bid boosted by secret-money commercials

McCarthy withdraws candidacy for House speaker

Today in History - Thursday, October 8, 2015