Gunfire hits transit bus; one hit by glass
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A transit bus has been struck by gunfire in west Philadelphia and one person was hit by breaking glass.
Officials say the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority bus was hit by bullets around 12:30 a.m. Monday in west Philadelphia. Investigators say the bus had people on board when bullets hit two windows on the driver’s side.
Officials say the person hit by shattered glass did not need to be hospitalized.
SEPTA spokeswoman Heather Redfern says it wasn’t clear if the bus was an intended target. Police say a parked vehicle in the area was also hit.
Information from: WPVI-TV, http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union