Two charged in local heroin, crack raid
Two Pittsburgh men face a spate of drug charges in connection with heroin and crack cocaine trafficking in Washington after a raid Tuesday morning resulted in the seizure of 287 small plastic bags of heroin and $322 in cash and drug paraphernalia.
Washington County District Attorney Gene Vittone named as suspects Wayne Murphy and Matthew Leavens, both 20.
The Washington County District Attorney’s Drug Task Force, various state police units and Washington police executed a search warrant at 518 E. Maiden St. in Washington.
The search warrant was obtained as a result of a cooperative investigation by city and state police detectives and the DA’s task force.
Vittone said Murphy and Leavens will be charged with delivery of heroin, possession with intent to deliver heroin, possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter