DA’s mother cited after casino altercation
PLAINS (AP) — Authorities say the mother of the Luzerne County district attorney assaulted and threatened a bar manager at a northeastern Pennsylvania casino.
Sixty-five-year-old Cletta Salavantis is the mother of first-term top prosecutor Stefanie Salavantis.
Plains Township police say Cletta Salavantis has been cited for disorderly conduct and harassment after allegedly slapping a bar manager at Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs on Friday and threatening to “rip out his trachea.” Authorities say the argument was over a contract for a party.
Investigators say she invoked her daughter’s name when approached by officers. Stefanie Salavantis says she never showed up at the casino and had no personal knowledge of the incident. She says she’ll rely on the system to handle the matter.
A telephone message left for Cletta Salavantis was not immediately returned.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1News, Sports, Events, & Community
- 2Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter