Jury being chosen in pregnant Pa. woman’s slaying
LANCASTER, – Jury selection has begun in the death penalty trial of a man charged in the shooting death of his pregnant girlfriend a year and a half ago.
The (Lancaster) Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era says testimony is scheduled to begin March 4 in Lancaster County Court.
Twenty-three-year-old Matthew Becker is charged with two counts of homicide in the August 2011 deaths of 21-year-old Allison Walsh and her unborn daughter.
Authorities allege that Becker shot Walsh, who was more than seven months pregnant, after an argument at his Mastersonville home near Lancaster.
Becker’s attorneys argue that he fired accidentally while checking out a gun he had just purchased.
The judge rejected a defense motion to exclude Becker’s statements to police but has barred evidence that was seized from his computer.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 5House Democrats´ new message on the economy: We told you so | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union