Preacher admits having venomous snakes in car
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) – A snake-handling Kentucky preacher has gone back home from a Tennessee courtroom without his venomous serpents.
The Knoxville News Sentinel reported Jamie Coots pleaded guilty to illegally having poisonous snakes that were confiscated after a traffic stop in Knox County, Tenn., Jan. 31.
Prosecutors agreed to drop charges of transporting the snakes and wildlife officials agreed to give back the boxes Coots was using to carry the snakes from Alabama to his Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus Name Church in Middlesboro, Ky.
Coots will be on unsupervised probation for a year.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 3Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 4`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 5Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union