Former W. Pa. jail guard pleads guilty
PITTSBURGH (AP) — A former Allegheny County Jail guard has pleaded guilty to violating the civil rights of an inmate who was punched.
Thirty-four-year-old Arii Metz of Pittsburgh pleaded guilty Monday.
Authorities say Metz entered David Kipp’s cell in Oct. 2010 and punched him several times without provocation. Kipp suffered a broken nose, badly bruised face and a perforated ear drum.
Prosecutors say Metz should be sentenced to three or four years in prison.
But James Wymard, Metz’s attorney, says he’ll ask for probation.
Sentencing is scheduled for June 18.
- 1'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 3Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 4Wild ride, no plan | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union