Charlotte's late run beats St. Joseph's 52-40
Pierria Henry and Willie Clayton scored 12 points each, and Charlotte made an 11-2 run late in the second half to beat St. Joseph's 52-40 Saturday night in the regular-season finale for both teams.Chris Braswell had 10 points, and Henry pulled down 11 rebounds for his third double-double this season for the 49ers (20-10, 8-8), who have won two straight after four consecutive losses.Langston Galloway scored 13 points and Ronald Roberts Jr. had eight points and eight rebounds for the Hawks (17-12, 8-8). The loss snapped a two-game winning streak.The 49ers trailed 19-18 at the break but went ahead 26-23 on Braswell's two free throws 5:12 into the second half. St. Joseph's tied it at 36-all on C.J. Aiken's dunk with 8:23 remaining, but Charlotte's 11-2 run made it 47-38 with 31 seconds left.Charlotte made 21 of 26 from the line, St. Joseph's 9 of 15.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 2Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Protecting history from I-70 construction at Bentleyville | Observer-Reporter
- 5West Pike Run man shot during robbery | Observer-Reporter