Pacific holds on to beat UC Santa Barbara 71-68
Colin Beatty had 26 points and eight rebounds on Thursday and Pacific held on to beat UC Santa Barbara 71-68 in the quarterfinals of the Big West Conference tournament.The second-seeded Tigers (20-12) advance to the semifinals on Friday.Beatty made two free throws in the final second and Santa Barbara missed a chance at a tying 3-pointer.Pacific raced to a 38-19 lead, and the Tigers led 40-25 at halftime. But the Gauchos (11-20) rallied and took their first lead when Kyle Boswell's 3-pointer made it 57-55 with 9:59 to play.Travis Fulton made a layup with 17 seconds left to make it 69-66 Tigers, followed by Michael Bryson's dunk for UCSB.Lorenzo McCloud had 12 points and Fulton scored 11 for Pacific. Bryson led Santa Barbara with 29 points.The Gauchos had beaten the Tigers in the first round of the Big West tournament the last two years.
- 1Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 2'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union