Pedregon takes Funny Car qualifying lead
Cruz Pedregon raced to the qualifying lead in Funny Car at the Amalie Oil NHRA Gatornationals on Friday.Pedregon powered his Toyota Camry to the provisional No. 1 position with a performance of 4.047 seconds at 296.05 mph. If the effort holds through Saturday's final two qualifying sessions, it will be his fourth No. 1 at this event and the 51st of his career.Doug Kalitta (Top Fuel), Mike Edwards (Pro Stock) and Matt Smith (Pro Stock Motorcycle) also were qualifying leaders in their categories at the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series event at Auto-Plus Raceway at Gainesville.Kalitta led Top Fuel qualifying with a 3.801 at 325.85 in his dragster, holding off Shawn Langdon and defending world champion Antron Brown for the top spot.Edwards moved to the top of the Pro Stock order with a national record performance of 6.473 at 214.31 in his Chevy Camaro.Smith was quickest in Pro Stock Motorcycle with a 6.804 at 197.28 on a Buell.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Area teens shine at Washington“s Got Talent | Observer-Reporter
- 3Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington bus depot almost ready | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cortese - Veltri | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union