Avella garage destroyed by fire
A state police fire marshal is investigating a fire early Friday that destroyed a detached garage, as well as a classic car and other vehicles stored inside the building.
Avella fire Chief Eric Temple said firefighters were called about 4:30 a.m. to the home of Jesse Branchak, 189 Fallen Timber Road, Avella, Independence Township. Temple said the fire initially was reported in a garage attached to the house, but when firefighters arrived, they learned the building was detached.
“The fire was pretty well involved,” Temple said. “He had old cars, motorcycles, a classic car and things his dad had collected over the years. Everything was destroyed.”
Assisting at the scene were firefighters from West Middletown and Franklin, W.Va. Eldersville firefighters provided a tanker truck.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 5Chamber hears update on phase 2 of Mariner Pipeline project | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union