UNLV in East, will face Cal in a Round 2 rematch
UNLV has grabbed a No. 5 seed in the East region of the NCAA tournament, and will take on California, a No. 12 seed, in the second round on Thursday in San Jose.The Runnin' Rebels finished up an impressive season with a 25-9 record, and have already defeated the Golden Bears, 76-75, back in December. The rematch drew some attention on Selection Sunday because the committee typically avoids those types of matchups early on.Cal rebounded well, though, and finished in fourth place in the Pac-12 Conference with a 20-11 record. The Golden Bears went 12-6 in the league.Thursday's winner will take on either No. 4 Syracuse or No. 13 Montana in the third round.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 4Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 5O-R Athlete of the Week: John Arnold, Charleroi | Observer-Reporter