PT Middle School evacuated due to threat
Peters Township Police Department has determined that immediate safety concerns are over at McMurray Middle School. As a precaution, a more thorough sweep will be conducted at the building. Students will remain at McMurray Elementary School for the remainder of the school day.
Students were evacuated from Peters Township Middle School around 10 a.m. today due to an anonymous threat found inside the building.
The evacuation was done as a precaution, and police are at the school investigating the nature of the threat. According to an email from Shelly Belcher, communications coordinator for the district, students have been moved to the McMurray Elementary campus and are being kept warm in buses.
Belcher also asked parents to wait for further communication before calling or going to campus.
- 1'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 5Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union