CAS continues VITA program
Community Action Southwest will continue to offer free, basic, income tax filing assistance to qualified working households that made less than $51,000 a year in 2012 through April 11, 2013, in Washington and Greene counties.
Through its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, the agency assisted 583 households last tax season, and $534,640 was refunded to those taxpayers.
The agency operates its program in partnership with the Internal Revenue Service and through funding from the United Way of Washington County and the Greene County United Way.
Additionally, the majority of volunteers who assist taxpayers are students at Washington & Jefferson College and Waynesburg University. Volunteers are trained to assist taxpayers to receive the appropriate tax credits for which they are eligible, including the Earned Income Tax Credit, a federally funded tax credit for lower-income working individuals and families.
Appointments are still available at sites in Burgettstown, Charleroi, Donora, Washington and Waynesburg. Appointments are required at all locations. To make an appointment or for more information, call Rachael at 877-814-0788, ext. 421.
- 1Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union