Mystery Photo: Conveyor conundrum
This photo was found in the Observer-Reporter’s Waynesburg office, which leads us to believe that it depicts someplace in Greene County. But that’s not a sure thing.
The 8-by-10-inch print is stamped on the back, “Mimi & Mock Photographers, 1300 Investment Building, Pittsburgh 22, PA.”
What appears to be a coal conveyor stretches across several hillsides and is remindful of the gas pipeline projects now going on throughout West Virginia and Western Pennsylvania.
We’d like to know where and when this photo was taken and what this area looks like now. And we’re hoping some of our readers can help us solve the mystery.
Under magnification, it can be seen that the long white snake crosses a road on which two cars of 1950s vintage are traveling. Other cars and trucks in the photo appear to be models from the 1960s.
If you can identify the location or date of this photo, email Park Burroughs, retired executive editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call and leave a message for him along with your telephone number at 724-222-2200, extension 2400.
With any luck, we’ll be able to solve this Mystery Photo and publish the results next Monday.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Oakdale man pleads to robbing two Greene Co. banks | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union