Judge candidates’ petitions challenged
Commonwealth Court has set a hearing date on requests to set aside the nominating petitions of Thomas Fallert and Peter V. Marcoline III, both of whom have filed as Washington County judicial candidates.
The challenges, filed by Robert K. McGrady of Centerville against petitions circulated among Democrats and by Washington County GOP Chairman William Merrell against petitions circulated among Republicans, are to be heard April 3 in Pittsburgh.
Representing McGrady and Merrell is attorney James Jeffries Jr.
Marcoline, of Washington, and Fallert, of Venetia, first-time candidates for Washington County Court, are among eight candidates who have cross-filed for the May 21 primary.
There are two vacancies on the Washington County bench due to the retirements last year of Judges Paul Pozonsky and Janet Moschetta Bell.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 5Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter