Consol exec joins Steptoe & Johnson
Gary E. Slagel has joined Steptoe & Johnson PLLC’s Southpointe office as government affairs specialist to the firm.
Slagel comes to Steptoe & Johnson after a 35-year career with Consol Energy, Inc. and CNX Gas.
During his career at Consol, he served as senior advisor of environmental affairs, director of environmental regulatory affairs and as the director of government affairs. His career focused on the coal and natural gas industry and the complex issues surrounding shale gas exploration and development.
Slagel earned his bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the University of Dayton. He was appointed by former Pennsylvania Gov. Robert P. Casey to the Pennsylvania Oil and Gas Technical Advisory Board on which he still serves, and was appointed by Gov. Tom Corbett in 2011 to the Marcellus Shale Advisory Commission. Slagel also is the chairman and executive committee member of the Pennsylvania Independent Oil and Gas Association, and a member of the board and executive committee of West Virginia Oil and Natural Gas Association. He is past chairman of Pennsylvania Coal Association and Virginia Coal Association and is a former board member and chairman of the regulatory committee of the Marcellus Shale Coalition.
- 1High school wrestling: South Fayette advances; Waynesburg ousted | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Meeting roundup | Observer-Reporter
- 4Clinching the Team Klutz Award in Biggest Winner contest
- 5Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union