News Summary: FDA reviewing Merck allergy therapy
ALLERGY ADVANCE: The Food and Drug Administration is reviewing Merck & Co.'s new immunotherapy for grass pollen allergy. A tablet that dissolves under the tongue, it reduces allergy symptoms over time, instead of just easing them temporarily.THE TREATMENT: One tablet would be taken daily throughout allergy season for three years, to gradually desensitize the patient's immune system to the substance triggering the allergic reaction. Side effects are mainly itchiness of the mouth and ear and throat irritation.THE IMPACT: A top allergist says immunotherapy tablets, also being developed for other allergies, are a major advance over existing treatments.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Bentleyville McDonald's manager receives top award | Observer-Reporter
- 2Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Protecting history from I-70 construction at Bentleyville | Observer-Reporter
- 4Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 5Chartiers couple receives letter requesting nearly $16,000 in back taxes | Observer-Reporter