Pa. man pleads in death of pregnant woman, child
STROUDSBURG – An eastern Pennsylvania man has pleaded guilty in the stabbing death of a pregnant woman and her unborn child two years ago.
The Pocono Record says 42-year-old Ruben Velazquez Jr. entered the plea to two counts of third-degree murder on Wednesday in Monroe County Court.
He was charged in the February 2011 slayings of 24-year-old Krystle Ann Vasquez and her unborn child. Authorities said she was eight months pregnant
Defense attorney T. Alex Jones said he faces five to 40 years in prison on each count when he is sentenced June 21.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union