Man jailed in killing of woman found in woods
JOHNSONBURG (AP) — A northwestern Pennsylvania man has been jailed on charges he killed a woman after state and local police received a tip that resulted in her body being found in a wooded area.
Online court records don’t list an attorney for 22-year-old Nicholas Martin, of Johnsonburg, who is charged with criminal homicide, aggravated assault and abuse of a corpse in the death of 18-year-old Alyssa Forsyth, who he had reportedly been dating.
Elk County District Attorney Brad Kraus is not saying how the woman was killed and the coroner has said the matter is still under investigation and did not immediately return a call for updated comment on Wednesday.
Police received the tip late Monday and found Forsyth’s body early Tuesday in Ridgway Township, about 100 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
Martin faces a preliminary hearing April 3.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflate-gate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 3Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Chartiers couple receives letter requesting nearly $16,000 in back taxes | Observer-Reporter
- 5Construction to begin on Southern Beltway corridor | Observer-Reporter