Art league to hold member screening
New member screening for South Hills Art League will be held April 8 and Sept. 9 at the Unitarian Universalist Church of the South Hills, 1240 Washington Road, Mt Lebanon.
Drop-off for the screening will be held from 6 to 6:45 p.m., and artwork can be picked up when screening is completed at 8:30. Registration is required by calling John Nasky at 412-341-5826.
Guidelines for SHAL membership include:
• Artists must be at least 18 years old and reside in tri-state area.
• Artists’ work should show creativity, consistency of style and execution, mastery of the medium and proper presentation.
• Applicants should submit only original artwork for screening. Prints are permitted in some of the group’s exhibits.
• Three-dimensional work should be the artist’s original design. Work rendered from kits or commercial patterns is not acceptable.
• Artists who are not available on the screening date can have a family member or friend deliver their artwork along with the completed application form.
SHAL screeners are anonymous, so applicants must leave the property while screening is conducted.