Art league to hold member screening
New member screening for South Hills Art League will be held April 8 and Sept. 9 at the Unitarian Universalist Church of the South Hills, 1240 Washington Road, Mt Lebanon.
Drop-off for the screening will be held from 6 to 6:45 p.m., and artwork can be picked up when screening is completed at 8:30. Registration is required by calling John Nasky at 412-341-5826.
Guidelines for SHAL membership include:
• Artists must be at least 18 years old and reside in tri-state area.
• Artists’ work should show creativity, consistency of style and execution, mastery of the medium and proper presentation.
• Applicants should submit only original artwork for screening. Prints are permitted in some of the group’s exhibits.
• Three-dimensional work should be the artist’s original design. Work rendered from kits or commercial patterns is not acceptable.
• Artists who are not available on the screening date can have a family member or friend deliver their artwork along with the completed application form.
SHAL screeners are anonymous, so applicants must leave the property while screening is conducted.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union