W&J softball sweeps Pitt-Greensburg
Junior pitcher Madison Rotto had a 14-strikeout game and Washington & Jefferson swept Pitt-Greensburg 5-3 and 10-7 Thursday at Brooks Park.
The Presidents (10-6) improved to 10-0 all-time against UPG.
Rotto struck out 14 and walked three to get the win. She was supported by Emily Watson’s two RBI, and Stephanie Zur scored twice.
Chalese Wilson, a Chartiers-Houston graduate, helped W&J overcome an early 5-1 deficit in the second game by hitting two home runs and driving in four. The Presidents scored five runs in the second inning, highlighted by Wilson’s three-run homer. Wilson also doubled and drove in four runs.
Britany Shephered was the winning pitcher with Krista McCartney getting a save.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Local manager gets top McDonald´s award | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman helps rescue sleeping resident from burning Peters Twp. home | Observer-Reporter