OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) Michael Huff intends to help the Baltimore Ravens defend their Super Bowl title by filling Ed Reed's role as the last line of the Baltimore Ravens defense.
Huff signed a three-year contract with the Ravens on Thursday. The free safety was released by the Oakland Raiders last week.He replaces Reed, who signed as a free agent with Houston last week. Reed was Baltimore's starting free safety for the past 11 years.Huff says he told Reed in a text message that would "carry on his legacy and carry on the tradition of great safeties in Baltimore."The 30-year-old Huff played seven years for the Raiders. Last season he had two interceptions, one of which came against Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco.He has also played cornerback and free safety.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Offender pleads guilty to squatting inside vacant home | Observer-Reporter
- 2Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Source: EU anti-terror chief: rehab for jihadis | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter