Pregnant mom, 2 children dead in Ohio crash
BEDFORD, Ohio – A pregnant woman and two of her daughters are dead after a crash in northeastern Ohio.
Authorities say a third daughter is hospitalized with critical injuries after the crash Friday night in Bedford, just outside of Cleveland.
Officials identified the woman as 30-year-old Maria Thorpe of Maple Heights. She was six months pregnant. The crash also claimed the lives of two of her daughters, ages 8 and 5. Two other daughters were injured in the crash.
Investigators say another motorist ran a red light and struck the car Thorpe was driving shortly before 10 p.m. They believe alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.
No charges have been filed.
- 1Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 2'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Area native helps treat Ebola patients in Liberia | Observer-Reporter
- 4First-ever humanities festival coming to Pittsburgh | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union