Pittsburgh SWAT team searches wrong home for man
PITTSBURGH (AP) – A homeowner said Pittsburgh SWAT officers mistakenly broke down her door looking for a man who remains at large on charges he fatally shot a man aboard a “party bus” early Saturday.
Police have charged 22-year-old Michael Lyons with fatally shooting 21-year-old Steven Lee Jr., of McKees Rocks, about 3:40 a.m. Police haven’t said what the men were doing aboard the bus.
But Carla Glover said she feels violated because police SWAT members burst into her home mistakenly believing Lyons was hiding there.
Police didn’t find Lyons, though they still had a warrant for his arrest Monday on charges of criminal homicide and carrying an unlicensed firearm.
Police haven’t explained why they burst into Glover’s home looking for the suspect.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Waynesburg man arrested on drug charges | Observer-Reporter
- 4Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union