Softball: Konopka powers PT to 9th win
Carly Konopka homered and drove in three runs Saturday as Peters Township outlasted Chartiers Valley, 10-8, in a Section 4-AAAA game.
Lindsay McKnight tripled, and Abby Cunningham, Kelly Perich and Meghan Baystr each doubled for PT (3-1, 9-1).
Perich, who also drove in three runs, was the winning pitcher.
Maddie Zimmer took the loss for Chartiers Valley (1-2, 1-2).
• An 11-run first inning propelled Waynesburg to a 13-3 victory over Fort Cherry in a five-inning Section 2-AA game.
Taylor Staley struck out seven and had a double for the Raiders (2-3, 4-4). Kaylee Boosel also doubled.
Brianna Carnegie walked 13 and took the loss for FC (0-2, 0-4).
• Linda Rush doubled, singled and drove in two runs to pace Canon-McMillan to a 4-2 victory over Bethel Park in a Section 4-AAAA game.
Maddie Engel doubled and Abby McCartney singled and doubled for the Big Macs (3-0, 3-1). Winning pitcher Alayna Astuto struck out nine.
Jennifer Rimmel hit a two-run home run in the top of the seventh for BP (1-3, 1-3). Molly Welsh and Lexi Parinella each had a double.
• Despite not having an extra-base hit, Trinity won a slugfest with West Allegheny, 9-7, to improve to 2-0 in Section 2-AAA, 2-0 overall.
Paige Galentine was 3-for-3 with two RBI for Trinity. Ashley Winklevoss was 3-for-4 with an RBI, and Katelyn Campbell won the game in relief of Tiffany Clark after working four innings and allowing two runs.
• Morgan Elleck threw a one-hitter with six strikeouts and one walk as Burgettstown shut out Northgate, 19-0, in a four-inning Section 1-A game.
Elleck also had two hits and three RBI as the Blue Devils (2-0, 3-2) took advantage of 15 walks. Northgate falls to 0-3, 0-4.
• Emily Aughton fired a two-hitter, striking out nine, as Moon topped South Fayette, 5-0, in a Section 2-AAA game.
Katie Deskowski had two hits for Moon (1-1, 1-2).
Ashley Iagnemma had 13 strikeouts for South Fayette (1-3, 2-3).
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union