One dead, three hurt in shooting on busy Philly block
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Philadelphia police say one woman was killed and three people are hurt after gunfire broke out on a crowded block in the city’s Kensington neighborhood.
Chief Inspector Scott Small says police responded shortly before 6 p.m. Tuesday. A 21-year-old woman was found shot in the torso and later died at a hospital. Small says the other victims, men ages 18, 21 and 35 were taken to the hospital and listed in stable condition.
Witnesses had reported that the block had been crowded all day and that several fights had broken out earlier, possibly over drugs.
Police say the shooter was last seen running away on foot and no arrests were immediately announced. Investigators say they don’t know which, if any, of the victims were the intended target.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5News, Sports, Events, & Community