Kayla Briggs threw a perfect game with 16 strikeouts as Chartiers-Houston topped Beth-Center, 13-0, in a Section 2-AA girls softball game Tuesday.
Briggs also doubled and tripled in the game for the Bucs (5-0, 8-0), who didn’t put the Bulldogs (1-4, 1-5) away until scoring five runs in the top of the seventh.
Abby Gustovich took the loss.
• Moriah McGuire’s bases loaded triple keyed an eight-run bottom of the sixth inning for McGuffey, helping the Highlanders get past Bentworth, 9-2, in Section 2-AA.
Rachel Kleinhans and Megan Shultz both doubled for McGuffey (5-1, 5-1), which traied 2-1 after five innings. Cassie Weiss earned the win, striking out 10.
Casey Hite took the loss for Bentworth (2-2, 2-2).
• Caroline Cree had three hits, including a double, as Carmichaels topped California, 16-0, in a three-inning Section 2-A game.
Regina Menhart and Mia Virgilli both added a pair of hits for Carmichaels (4-0, 8-1), while Erica Burns allowed one hit.
Tiffany Kent had the lone hit for California (1-4, 2-4), while Tina Puhnaty took the loss.
• Olivia Lorusso went two for three with four RBI, including a two-run home run, to power the Canon-McMillan softball team to a 7-2 victory over Baldwin in Section 4-AAAA. Abby McCartney and Yaszmin Kotar added two hits apiece and Taylor Bruno homered for the Big Macs, who improved to 4-0, 4-1. Alayna Astuto earned the pitching win with five strikeouts and no walks.
• Mikayla Allen had a double and a triple and Megan Waddell struck out seven en route to earning the pitching win, as Avella cruised to a five-inning victory in Section 1-A. Jade Georgetti added a double for Avella, which improved to 2-4, 2-6.
• Shelby Minardi racked up 11 strikeouts, as Monessen blanked Jefferson-Morgan, 3-0, in a Section 2-A game. Tara Grogan had a double and scored two runs. Minardi scored what turned out to be the winning run for the Greyhounds, who improved to 3-3, 5-3.
Madison Ludrosky walked one and struck out three for the Rockets, who dropped to 2-3, 4-3. Reagan Rush added a double.
• Alanna Ammon struck out 11 to earn the pitching win and help Washington down Fort Cherry, 6-1, in Section 2-AA. The Prexies are now 2-3, 2-3. Klarissa Diamond doubled for Fort Cherry, which fell to 0-4, 0-6.
• Paige Galentine knocked in a run with a sacrifice fly and Ashley Winklevoss drove in another on a groundout to give Trinity a 4-2 victory over South Fayette in a Section 2-AAA game.
South Fayette (1-4, 2-4) had a 2-0 lead in the fourth, but Olivia Gray singled in two runs for Trinity (4-0, 4-0). Tiffany Clark struck out four and picked up the win.
• Emily Stoll went 3-for-3 with a double and four RBI to pace West Greene to a 17-2 victory over West Greene in a three-inning, Section 2-A game.
Bailey Bennington went 3-for-3 with two doubles and three RBI for the host Pioneers (2-2, 5-2). Michaela Filby went 3-for-3 with three RBI.
Brook Duranko went 2-for-2 and scored twice for the Maples (0-5, 0-6).
• Morgan Ellek went 2-for-4 and drove in three runs to propel Burgettstown to a 10-0 victory over Bishop Canevin in a six-inning Section 1-A game.
Bry Lonick struck out seven and also doubled for the host Blue Devils (4-0, 5-2). Sami Scopel tripled.
Canevin fell to 2-1 in section and overall.
• Peters Township scored two runs in the seventh inning to take a 4-2 victory from Upper St. Clair in a Section 4-AAAA game.
Winning pitcher Carly Konopka drove in two runs for PT (4-1, 10-1). Abby Cunningham had two doubles and Lindsay McKnight one. Viktoria Heiser had a triple.
Karsen Rooney and Katelyn Poremski each had a double for USC (0-4, 0-4).