Pirates win second straight against Arizona
PHOENIX — Garrett Jones had three hits and two RBI, Starling Marte drove in two runs and scored twice, and the Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 6-5 Tuesday night for their first winning streak of the season.
Pittsburgh has snapped out of its offensive funk in the desert, winning the first two games of the series by scoring 11 runs — three more than the first six games combined.
The Pirates fell into an early hole after James McDonald (1-1) allowed four runs in the first inning, but rallied with a five-run fourth off Arizona starter Brandon McCarthy (0-1).
Pittsburgh had 11 hits, Neil Walker drove in two runs and Jason Grilli got through the ninth for his third save.
Miguel Montero drove in three runs and Jason Kubel hit a two-run homer for Arizona, which lost consecutive games for the first time this season.
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Annie´s Mailbox: Grandma shouldn´t be sleeping in 14-year-old´s bed | Observer-Reporter
- 3`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. student dies | Observer-Reporter
- 5Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union