Pitt’s ACC basketball opponents determined
Pitt’s inaugural men’s basketball season in the Atlantic Coast Conference will feature home games against both Duke and Syracuse as the league announced its opponents and game sites for the 2013-14 season Tuesday.
Pitt will open ACC play next year with an 18-game regular season schedule and will face each of the possible 14 opponents at least once. Additionally, Pitt will face four of those schools on two occasions: Clemson, Maryland, North Carolina State and Syracuse.
Pitt will play nine home games and nine away contests. Home opponents at the Petersen Events Center will include Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Maryland, North Carolina State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and Syracuse. Pitt will host Duke for the first time since 1980.
The Panthers’ road games will be at Clemson, Boston College, Maryland, Miami, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Notre Dame and Syracuse.
The 2014 ACC men’s basketball tournament is March 12-16 at Greensboro Coliseum.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4No resignation: Coyle out as Trinity football coach | Observer-Reporter
- 5Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter