Endangerment trial ordered for pastor, wife
KANE – A northwestern Pennsylvania pastor and his wife have been ordered to stand trial on charges that they endangered their three children by not feeding them enough.
The Bradford Era says a district judge on Wednesday found sufficient evidence to send the case against 43-year-old Mark Hooper and 40-year-old Susan Hooper of Mount Jewett to McKean County Court for trial.
They are charged with three counts of endangering the welfare of children in connection with their adopted children, who range in age from 9 to 11 years old.
Police said last month they investigated and filed charges after the youngest child ran away from home.
The children testified Wednesday that they were punished by having meals withheld and by spankings with a paddle or a belt.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Funeral director´s license revoked | Observer-Reporter
- 3`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 5Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union