Peters Twp. man dies after crash
An elderly Peters Township man was pronounced dead at Canonsburg General Hospital following a one-vehicle accident Friday morning, township police said.
William Kriebel, 75, of Cushey Drive in the Hackett area of Venetia, was traveling west on Venetia Road at 7:46 a.m. when a witness said Kriebel’s vehicle drifted in to the eastbound lane on a slight curve in front of Victor Dosse Contracting, 420 Venetia Road, police said. The vehicle vaulted across a small creek and came to rest with the front portion up in the air and the trunk down toward the creek. Kriebel was unresponsive.
Police said there were no signs of skid marks or corrective action by Kriebel and police believe he may have had a medical emergency that caused the accident. He was alone in the vehicle.
The cause of death has not been determined, police said.
Assisting were firefighters from the Peters Township Fire Department and emergency personnel from the Peters Township Ambulance Service.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Vanderbilt rape verdicts signal support for assault victims | Observer-Reporter
- 3Canonsburg apartment fire | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter