Jefferson-Morgan’s bats come alive in win over Bentworth
Jessica Taylor had a two-run single in Jefferson-Morgan’s three-run third, leading the Rockets to a 3-2 victory over Bentworth in a non-section game yesterday in Jefferson. Kirsten Stoneking also drove in a run with a single, and Maddie Ludrosky picked up the pitching win after striking out seven. Jefferson-Morgan improved to 9-7.
Bentworth leadoff hitter Aubree Yates homered on an 0-2 pitch to give the Bearcats an early lead, but eventually dropped to 7-5.
• Liz Strain went 4-for-4 and drove in three runs during Burgettstown’s 12-6 win at Sto-Rox. Bry Lonick walked one and struck out six for the pitching win. She also added a double. Cheyenne Winters and Shannon Briggs each contributed two hits for Burgettstown (11-1 Section 1-A, 12-4), with Winters driving in a pair of runs and Briggs scoring twice.
Amy Miller homered for Sto-Rox, which dropped to 8-2, 9-3 after losing to the Blue Devils for the second time this season.
• Haley Havrilla drove in three runs, Nicole Jezerski added two RBI and a triple, and Serra Catholic topped Mapletown, 14-2, in a Section 2-A game Friday.
Amy McNeill had a two-run triple, and Mapletown’s Lauren Adams did the same.
Serra Catholic improved to 8-4, 9-4, while Mapletown fell to 0-12, 0-14.
• Taylor Myers had a single, double and three RBI to lead Ringgold to a 9-3 victory over Belle Vernon in a non-section game.
Kathryn Fellabaum drove in two runs and Jada Castor had a double for the Rams (7-6). Deanna Hileman doubled for Belle Vernon (3-7).
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Chamber hears update on phase 2 of Mariner Pipeline project | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union